The UK Tier 1 investor visa was established for individuals prepared to make a substantial investment in to the UK. In return for the UK investment the investor, spouse and minor children are permitted to live, work and study in the UK with relatively few restrictions.
Provided visa conditions are met, after 5 years the investor and family are able to apply for permanent residency in the UK. Subject to additional qualifying criteria British citizenship can be applied for a year later.
There is an accelerated route for individuals prepared to invest higher sums, which can grant residency in two or three years.
Terms of the scheme
Following reviews in November 2014 changes were made to the UK Tier 1 investor visa scheme:
- The minimum investment is £2,000,000
- The requirement for the investment to be maintained and ‘topped up’ where it falls below the minimum has been removed. Applicants will need to purchase additional qualifying investments if they have encashed or sold the investments during the visa term
- The full investment must be made into qualifying investments
- Applicants are no longer allowed to use borrowed funds to make their qualifying investment
The accelerated route is available for investors considering qualifying investments of £5,000,000 or £10,000,000.
We offer a range of suitable qualifying investments to meet your UK Tier 1 investor visa requirements. All our solutions are professionally managed and as part of the service we offer access to holistic advice to meet any other needs that you may have.
We will work with your immigration lawyer to implement the qualifying investments to help you obtain your visa. If you do not have a lawyer appointed we are able to introduce you to one.
As holistic wealth managers we can also provide a range of other services on relocation to the UK, such as:
- Obtaining property in London and home counties to meet your individual specifications
- Arranging suitable insurance for your UK home and assets
- Discussing suitable private medical insurance
- Advising and arranging appropriate life and serious illness cover
- Introducing you to suitable tax consultants to meet your UK and cross border tax needs
- Introduction to legal experts to arrange UK Wills for succession planning of UK assets
- FX advice to meet your currency conversion needs and manage risk exposure
- Advice on obtaining lending facilities whilst in the UK
Please get in touch with us to discuss how we an meet your investment requirements for your UK Tier 1 investor visa on 0203 4753242.
Services offered for FX, Will writing, Legal, Tax and Property consultancy are separate and distinct to those offered by St. James’s Place Wealth Management.
The value of an investment with St. James’s Place will be directly linked to the performance of the funds you select and the value can therefore go down as well as up . You may get back less than you invested.
The levels and bases of taxation and reliefs from taxation could change at any time and is dependent on individual circumstances. There is no guarantee that investments made through this type of investment will continue to be qualifying for Tier 1 (Investor) Visa status for new applications.
Due to international jurisdiction there will always be territories on which we will be unable to advise.